Following these simple steps will keep your jewelry looking new and fresh for a lifetime.
- Avoid swimming pools, spas, yard-work and contact sports while wearing your jewelry.
- Wear after applying perfume, makeup and lotions.
- Remove before bathing.
- Hang necklaces to prevent twisting, tangling and bending.
- Securely store your jewelry inside a jewelry box or small plastic baggie.
- If necessary, clean silver jewelry by washing with warm water and a mild soap (note this will remove any original patina at time the piece was fabricated)
Sterling Silver & Gold
Sterling silver is a soft metal, do not use a regular toothbrush to clean. Instead, try using a soft, non abrasive sponge or an infant toothbrush to remove any grit, dirt. There are a variety of gold karats (10K, 14K, 18K, 24K) and are easily cleaned using polishing clothes or warm soapy water with a soft cloth to keep them fresh and clean.
Base metal jewelry easily tarnishes over time when exposed to oxygen. Every pieces of brass and bronze jewelry leaves the studio with several coats wax polish to maintain its shine and luster, that will last a long time. When your jewelry begins to tarnish, using fresh lemons, baking soda and warm soapy water will help replenish your jewelry's shine.
If you absolutely can not get the shine back, contact me to begin the jewelry cleaning/repair process.