CLjewels is NICKEL-FREE and arrives with a small jewelry cleaning cloth, in addition, there are other ways to keeping your jewelry looking new and fresh for a lifetime.
- Avoid swimming pools, spas, chlorine, yard-work and contact sports while wearing your jewelry.
- Wear after applying perfume, makeup, and lotions.
- Remove before bathing.
- Hang necklaces to prevent twisting, tangling and bending.
- Securely store your jewelry inside a jewelry box or small plastic baggie.
- If necessary, clean silver jewelry by washing with warm water and a mild soap (note this will remove any original patina at the time the piece was fabricated)
Here's a natural way to clean your sterling silver jewelry at home:
- Line a tray with aluminum foil, shiny side facing up.
- Drizzle sea salt along bottom of tray.
- Add your tarnished jewelry to the foil, be sure to not crowd the jewelry and do not allow jewelry to touch.
- Heat water to a rolling boil, enough water to cover jewelry
- Add 1 tablespoon (give or take) to boiling water
- Carefully pour the water/baking soda mixture into tray of jewelry
- Bubbles will appear and lift away from the tarnished jewelry.
- Once cool, remove the jewelry and rinse with warm running water.
- If any tarnish is still present, repeat process using a new sheet of aluminum foil or use a soft micro fiber or polishing cloth towel to remove excess.
- Thoroughly blot jewelry dry and store in an airtight container or display.
Sterling silver is a soft metal, do not use a regular toothbrush to clean. Instead, try using a soft, nonabrasive sponge or an infant toothbrush and warm water with a mile soap to remove any grit or dirt. Fresh lemon juice, baking soda mixed in an aluminum foil-lined container also helps revive the brightness of your sterling silver jewelry.
There are a variety of gold karats (10K, 14K, 18K, 24K) and are easily cleaned using polishing clothes or warm, mild soapy water with a soft cloth to keep them fresh and clean.
Clean gold vermeil jewelry with 100% polishing cloths or a microfiber cloth and gently buff to maintain shine. Keep gold vermeil jewelry from chemically treated jewelry polishing clothes and jewelry cleaning solutions, as the cleaners can damage the life of your jewelry over time. Over time, gold vermeil jewelry will naturally tarnish. We use 14K or 18K gold overlay for our sterling silver jewelry.
Gold-filled jewelry has a thin layer of 14K gold over a base metal such as bronze or brass, sometimes copper. 14K gold-filled is hypoallergenic. Clean gold-filled jewelry keeps it shine by using 100% polishing or microfiber cloths. Store in an airtight container to maintain it's luster.
Base metal jewelry easily tarnishes over time when exposed to oxygen. Every piece of brass/bronze jewelry leaves the studio with several layers of wax polish or polyurethane to maintain its shine and luster that will last a long time. When your jewelry begins to tarnish, using fresh lemons, baking soda and warm soapy water will help replenish your jewelry's shine.
If you absolutely can not get the shine back, contact us to begin the lifetime complimentary jewelry cleaning process and reseal.
Read the Summer Jewelry Care Tips blog post
© 2010-2020 Cindy Liebel Jewelry All rights reserved