Tri-Lateral Bar Ring - Dotted Stacking Ring - Trireck Stacking Ring - Chenoa Cuff
We are deep in the summer months and who doesn't enjoy spending time outside soaking up the sunshine, taking a dip in the pool or splashing around in the ocean? While having fun in the sun, we often forget to remove our jewelry. Metals react to wet conditions and moisture, especially regions where humidity can be challenging.
Here are some tips on caring for your jewelry while enjoying summer adventures.
- Separate and store your jewelry in a soft jewelry pouch or jewelry box. This will keep your jewels from scratching against one another.
- Keep your jewelry in a dry, clean environment and stay clear of leaving jewelry in the bathroom, as they can quickly tarnish due to moisture and salty air if you're at the beach.
- Remove all your jewelry prior to applying sunscreen and allow a few minutes to soak up in the skin before wearing your jewelry again.
- We love splashing in the ocean or swimming in the pool every chance we get, but the chlorine and sea salts can quickly ruin your jewels. It's best to remove your jewelry beforehand, this includes hot tubs, too.
- Keep a soft, nonchemical treated jewelry cloth handy, as you go through the day, your jewelry can develop a film or residue from body sweat and lotions you're wearing. Be sure to wipe your jewels clean to maintain their luster at the end of the day or before a night out on the town.
- Use household items to naturally clean your jewelry, such as fresh lemon juice, baking soda, white vinegar, hot water.
Here's a simple and natural way to remove tarnish at home:
- Line a glass tray with aluminum foil, shiny side facing up. Add your tarnished jewelry to the foil, be sure to not crowd the jewelry. Mix 1 part of baking soda and 1 tsp of salt in 2 parts cup of boiling hot water. Pour the mixture into the tray with the jewelry. You'll see bubbles lifting away from the tarnished jewelry. Once cool, remove the jewelry and rinse with warm running water. If any tarnish is still present, use a soft towel to remove excess or repeat the process. But make sure you use a fresh sheet of aluminum foil. Thoroughly blot jewelry dry and store in an airtight container.
If your jewelry becomes too tarnished, we are happy to restore your precious jewelry back to their original luster with our complimentary jewelry cleaning service. Contact us for more information.
Learn more about how to care for your jewelry here.