My heart was singing when I heard the house passed the bill to make Juneteenth a federal holiday! There are so many ways you can celebrate Juneteenth National Freedom Day, commemorating the end of slavery in the United States. One of those ways is through education, visit Juneteenth.com to learn more about the history behind new federal holiday.
Attending public festivals events, musical performances, partaking in food symbolic in African American culture, displaying the Juneteenth flag, and of course, supporting black-owned businesses.
Here are nine businesses I'm thrilled to share with you today to support this Juneteenth holiday and really any time of day for years to come...
- Maya Feller is a registered dietitian Nutritionist I've been following for quite sometime. Her Instagram is filled with healthy recipes and motivational wellness check.
- I had the pleasure of vending next to a company selling rum cakes a few years back and their cakes are out of this world! Grab yourself a delicious sweet treat at Rumalutions, you will enjoy every bite!
- Amber L. Wright is a lover of words and people, who helps you tell your story. Plus, she has these really cool Can We Talk Cards, for personal and business life!
- Kennesha of Restoration House, shares tips on thoughtful home decor, organizing your home to renovations to stress-free weeknight meals and her collection of vintage finds. Her Instagram feed color palette is beautiful and calming with family life and inspirational quotes.
- Sweet Potato Soul is my new place to visit for vegan recipes that are easy to make, owned by Jenne Claiborne.
- Sierra Clay Art crafts unique pottery loaded with texture and color inspired by the Sierra Mountains.
- If you're looking for colorful abstract art inspired by organic shapes and nature to lift your mood, check out Hello Allison Art!
- I've shared her business before, but she also has an designed her very own 10 Piece Wooden Block Set, Bilingual English/Spanish. This wooden block set makes the perfect gift for any little one but also is perfect as a decorative element for the collector! PLUS, teach them young with books from black/brown authors available at Yinibinibaby.
- Unlax Candles has an array of aromatic candles mindfully made to help you unwind, relax and escape for mental health. Be sure to read her story behind the brand.
Take time to follow these brands, share with your family and friends, too. Have a beautiful day celebrating Juneteenth.
"What I love about Juneteenth is that even in that extended wait, we still find something to celebrate. Even though the story has never been tidy, and black folks have had to march and fight for every inch of our freedom, our story is nonetheless one of progress." -Michelle Obama
Shop Cindy Liebel Jewelry